Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
Please read the following terms & conditions carefully as they will tell you everything you need to know about the agreement you will enter into once you accept a quotation for TW Drainage Limited to carry out drainage, plumbing, groundwork or general building work.
- TW Drainage will charge either for Hourly Rate Work or Fixed Price Work.
- The Hourly Rate depends upon the work you require. It will be charged against the number of hours taken carrying out the work. It does not include materials. All charges are subject to VAT.
- The Fixed Price will include hours spent and materials. All charges are subject to VAT.
- Our quotation is an estimate for the price of the work.
- The price quoted for Fixed Price Work is open for acceptance within 30 days providing that the work can be commenced within 90 days, both periods being from the date of the quotation. If you decide that you would like us to commence work after this time, we will let you know if there has been a change in the price requiring a revised quotation and the reasons why.
- Where a quotation is supplied to you this may be revised if you require additional work, if there is an increased cost in materials, if further work is discovered which was not evident at the time of the quotation and if there is found to be a fundamental mistake in the quotation.
- TW Drainage shall only be bound by quotations given by our representatives.
- Invoices are due for payment immediately upon delivery to you. Any invoice or part thereof shall accrue interest at the rate of 4% over base until the invoice is paid in full.
- Once you have accepted the quotation TW Drainage will carry out all the work
necessary to complete the work described in our specification and this quotation subject to the conditions below
- Where we agree with you the date and time for the work to be carried our representative shall use his best endeavours to ensure that he attends at that date and time. However we accept no liability for the non-attendance or late attendance of our representative or for the late delivery of materials.
- The time estimate provided for is our best estimate of the likely time scale required for the work and we cannot accept liability for any cost, losses or expense of whatever nature incurred by you as a result of any delays outside of our control.
- If you are a tenant, you may need your landlord’s permission to carry out the work covered by the quotation. TW Drainage will assume that you have obtained such permission. TW Drainage shall not have any liability for any loss or damage
however arising from failure to obtain such permission.
- The work will be carried out in a professional manner but TW Drainage cannot be held liable for any damage unavoidably caused to decorations, fittings and the like as a result of installing/maintaining any new or existing equipment as specified in the quotation or removing, replacing or disturbing existing pipe work, appliances, tanks, cylinders or other fixtures and fittings.
- TW Drainage shall not have any liability for any failure to perform its obligations under this quotation/invoice if it is prevented from doing so by causes reasonably beyond its control, including unforeseen circumstances, such as industrial disputes, strikes, lock-outs, fire, accidents, war or problems with the fabric of the building including the roof, or problems with goods being delivered on time by a third party.
- TW Drainage shall not have any liability for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage or loss of profit with the exception of damage for death or personal injury. The total liability of TW Drainage under this agreement shall not exceed the
price paid. Further, should any additional work be required as a result of such unforeseen circumstances, you will be responsible for meeting the costs of such work.
All work carried out by TW Drainage carries a full 12 months guarantee on our workmanship. Guarantees on materials run in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty periods where applicable. In the event of a failure beyond the guarantee period we will be happy to investigate the cause and recommend a solution but charges will apply for remedial work outside the guarantee period.
- Workmanship is only guaranteed where payment of the invoice is made in full.
- This guarantee does not apply where work is carried out to poor quality installations or installations which are over 10 years old.
- External drains, gutters and plumbing works exposed to the weather elements are not covered by any TW Drainage warranties, all liability rests with the material supply warranty and the property owner.
- Should you cancel your order at any time prior to the commencement of the work, TW Drainage will retain any paid deposit as a contribution towards any costs which it has incurred or the cost of parts and materials.
- A quotation/invoice cannot be varied except in writing by TW Drainage.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that materials and tools held at your premises are safe and secure. Any losses of materials and tools on site are chargeable.
- Title to materials or goods will not pass from TW Drainage to you until payment of our invoice is made in full. Until payment is made TW Drainage has the absolute right to repossess the material or goods and deal with the material or goods as it wishes.
- Completed work may be photographed and used by TW Drainage who own the copyright to such photographs.
- We reserve the right to decline any work.
- These Terms and Conditions shall govern the contract between TW Drainage and you and shall prevail over any other communications (written or oral) between TW Drainage and you.
- This agreement is governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.